Wednesday, September 10, 2014

About Me

Welcome!
My name is Josh Luterbach, and I am currently a student at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee.  I am studying to become a social studies teacher for grades 6-12.  I am student teaching at The Milwaukee High School of the Arts, working with multiple 9th and 10th grade World History classes.

I made the decision to become a teacher because of my personal belief that education is the most important factor that influences being successful in a person's life.  Great educators are great leaders, who don't need recognition for their achievements, our most prized reward is seeing our students find success.  As teachers, we have the most important job, we help young adults figure out who they are, what life is all about, and how to be successful.  My number one goal as a teacher is to prepare my students to be active, engaged and informed citizens who can build and support their opinions, think for themselves and make educated adult decisions.  I love being able to come home after teaching and feel that my students grasped the concepts, facts and information we discussed in class. I look forward to hearing from past students about their future successes in life, and being the teacher that may have influenced them in a positive direction.   

This blogs main purpose will be to discuss disciplinary literacy in regards to the content area of World History.  I will be constructing this blog to mirror different units and topics my classes work through during this semester and explain how and why literacy is critical to the success my students have.  I have included pictures below that represent four of the topics my class is working through, specifically I will be discussing the development and evolution of codes of law and government.   

1 comment:

  1. I really like how you define the focus of this blog as being a space to "discuss and mirror" topics of world history. The images you've selected so far do a nice job with this mirroring.

    ReplyDelete